View Single Post
      05-14-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Stumbling at idle and weak warm starts??

Hey guys,

My car has been acting alittle strange lately. First off i did a cold start the other day and got out of the car to wipe it down. Noticed the exhaust tone wasn't smooth like it usually is and sounds as if its sputtering a little. Got back inside the car and could feel the stumble every 5-10seconds and could see the rpm fluctuate slightly. I've always noticed the N54 doing this peridically maybe once every couple of minutes but this was more rapid. Figure the motor was cold and it go away when i warmed up. Drove around a bit until the engine was warm and the car felt normal but stumbling at idle was still there. Decided to open the car up to see how it feels and see if it would clear up on its down. Exhaust popped loud a few times after going WOT up and down the block and sure enough the stumbling went away completely. The car has been fine every since. Any ideas? Running fmic, cobb S1+, rpi exhaust with only 15K miles on the motor. 6MT

Another thing is that i'm also noticing on occasional warm starts, the engine would barely turn on. It does catch but almost sounds like it wouldn't and stall. Had my HPFP replaced last year and the car feels fine otherwise. Cold starts fires up right away too.

Thanks,
Alan