Thread: This or That?
View Single Post
      03-04-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

This or That?

Guys, I am having some major difficulty making a decision on this, but I think I've made up my mind. This poll will help me understand if I'm being ridiculous.

Job 1 (Current job)
1. Been doing essentially the same job, but an expanded role in that same job 5 years. Been promoted within the job/organization twice.
2. Fun/sales environment at times, but high pressure and what I consider bad management and a hostile environment at times.
3. 5 minutes from home (2 miles), dedicated parking spot in the garage.
4. Great money, lots of contacts, know the organization well, and I think I'm well respected.
5. Group has potential to be restructured, or dissolve in 2 years. I am in analytics, so they would probably find another spot for me even if this happened.
6. Salary, plus 22% of base bonus structure. I have received my full bonus every year I have been there, so that is money in the bank.
7. 3 weeks paid vacation
8. I am Jaded with the job/frustrated with my team.

Job 2: Offer on the table (Transfer within the umbrella of companies)
1. Great base salary (better than job 1), but less bonus/incentives. This causes the money to be a wash, but this job DOES have a better base. I know it's always good to increase your base if possible.
2. Prospect (but not guarantee) of a better situation. Seems good, but you the devil you know...
3. Starting off completely fresh.
4. Similar type job, but completely different side of the business, so I will learn something new.
5. Lateral move in terms of rank.
6. Awful commute. If driving, 36 miles round trip and awful traffic. I mean really bad.
7. Public transportation is an option, but will take at least 1 hour each way and includes a 0.5 mile walk no matter what I do. Also would include a 7 mile drive to a train/bus station to catch the train.
8. Management seems great.
9. Between gas/parking/wear and tear, driving would cost $4000/year.
10. 3 weeks paid vacation

What do you think? These are just the things most important to me. There might be other factors.
Appreciate 0