01-17-2012, 08:42 AM   #26
335i101
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigsman
I seem to be having the same issue. 2006 330i (E90). The driver side vent blows scorching hot heat but the passenger side is only luke warm. The water pump and thermostat were replaced a few months back. I removed the glove box and visually observed the stepper motor cycle as I changed the temp for the passenger side and could feel a noticeable temperature difference but I still only get warm air when I set the temp to 84. So, I know the motor is good. I find it hard to believe that it is the heater core as I get such hot air on the driver side. The E90 only has one core ( I guess some older models have two), which means the heat for both sides of the car come from the same core. How is it that I get hot air on one side and only warm on the other...all from the same core? I am inclined to believe that it may be a faulty flap/blend door?? Thoughts?
It is just one core, but it's clogged. It gets crazy hot on one side correct??

The coolant comes in and, in my case, could return back out of the heater core as both hoses were warm.

The service guy said that the cores gets a build up of some sort of deposit and it is not an uncommon problem.

(pretty strange to be happening on an 07 IMHO)

I brought it to Indy, dealership and worked on it myself...everyone concludes heater core.....good luck!
2008 M5 with muffler delete-sold
2007 650i-sold
2008 335i-JB4, DP, Meth-sold
Appreciate 0