View Single Post
      10-17-2014, 11:28 PM   #30
Chris_Rav
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 LCI 335i xdrive 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty335i View Post
This is really strange... you said you didnt have any problems with the car until you installed this intake and found out that one of the bungs was missing, correct? it seems really wierd to me that they bmw dealership couldnt figure out wat was wrong with it.

what exactly is the car running like? is it rough at idle, on a load, high rpms? now that you have the coupler on, just to reset maybe anything wierd have you tried to unhook the battery for a little bit? i would think that the dealership would have done this but i would do it just to be sure.

sorry to hear about your car running shitty. i hope you get it figured out and its nothing big.
Well I got the car back and I drove it today and I've had no problems. The idle was really jumpy and would just cut out and die. The car would stall when in reverse or when going up even a slight hill. But now that its back to normal my only guess is that maybe the sensor on the charge pipe registered that something was wrong when there were the holes in the pipe and basically would shut off the car to prevent any damage. I'm thinking maybe after the DME sat for a while and the car wasn't started for a couple hours that the sensor might've reset itself and realized that it was okay now that the hole was plugged? I'm dumbfounded