02-24-2014, 11:44 AM   #154
dwells
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augster View Post
As I'm still having problems trying to get a fully functioning BMW Tools 2.12 to work under my Win7 x64 (I can get NCS Expert to work, but then INPA is kiboshed; if I stick to INPA 5.02/4, then of course NCS Expert doesn't work under x64; I'm currently still using an old laptop running WinXP to use INPA 5.0.2),
Copy the CFGDAT and SGDAT files from your INPA 5.0.2 install on your other laptop, and drop them in to the new one once you install BMW Standard Tools 2.12. Don't support the people selling pirated software, never pay for any of this stuff.

There's a guide in this section for Windows 7 x86 that should be applicable for the most part to your x64 build which covers installing and configuring Standard Tools 2.12, as well as importing the necessary data from INPA 5.0.2.

Also, I strongly recommend either having a dedicated system for coding/diagnostics or a virtual machine. I wouldn't advise mixing all this stuff in with your normal software and files for performance and security reasons.