View Single Post
      02-15-2012, 01:58 PM   #7
jeffb335
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevipedia View Post
Regarding what you've said about Android volume. Am I therefore incorrect stating that the volume controls do nothing to Android? I sincerely hope that I am!

In other words:

1) Set NAVI sound = OFF
2) Set Android volume = 2/3
3) Control Android volume with volume knob (steering control too?)
correct.

I agree that the dynavin does some things well, some things not so well, if you read my reviews, I gave the earlier units a 6/10 and the later ones 7/10, you said you were 65% happy.....so I think we are on the same page

But ive also written a lot about consumer expectations and what devices like the latest android tablets and ipads do to shift consumer's expectations. The automotive electronics industry is WAY behind the handheld industry in things like screen technology (capacitive screens are almost unheard of in autos) and places where tech like this IS making it into the auto, problems are rampant.....for instance, read about the headaches Ford is having with its Sync system and its customers....

I guess what I am saying is that your criticism is valid and criticism like this will determine the direction these things take in the future....but frankly we are talking about a one of a kind device in a product niche that is at its very beginning....

Also there is an FAQ out there, its not E9X specific but it covers the basics.....I cant link to it as it would be against the forum rules for me to do so....

Last edited by jeffb335; 02-15-2012 at 09:30 PM..
Appreciate 0