12-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #22
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Eh... I still don't get it. I can't be alone in saying that I would love to buy this car but will not drive an automatic. Most people don't have a 3rd, more focused car to take out when they want to drive a manual. They want to have a practical use car with a naughty streak. Case in point: B7 S4 Avants are going for upwards of $30k with a manual trans. Clearly someone wants it and I'm on that list.
Have you driven the pig of a B7 S4? It goes together with a manual about as well as an Escalade would. That lame V8 hung out over the front axle isn't exactly endearing either. There's a reason they've replaced that chassis and the motor with better things.

While Audi is getting better at the whole balance and fun thing, this isn't the car I'd be crying for a manual for. It's also deep into the six figures, so saying that folks won't have a second or third car with this is highly unlikely.

I'm all for manuals, always had one and always will, but some cars just don't belong with them. This is one of them.

Oh, and those calling for a sedan, really? The wagon looks great.
Appreciate 0