View Single Post
      05-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #40
Pete Schweaty
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 750li

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesM3M5 View Post
Remember that gauge is the oil temp, not the coolant temp. You will need to unlock the cluster to view actual water temp (every time you start the car) or get something like a Rixster gauge that accesses the CAN bus to see more engine data. The ECU regulates the water pump speed and fan speed to ensure the engine doesn't overheat. Don't concern yourself with the actual temps unless you're drag racing (times suffer once the motor heats up) or doing track events where the stock cooling system can't handle all that extra power.

Depending on how you use the car, your upgrade path will differ slightly versus others. Talking with an experienced salesperson who isn't interested in just getting all your money (yes, those people DO exist), will get you the performance you're looking for within your budget. Jeff at Topgearsolutions has a great reputation here and lots of different parts available, and he's all over this forum.
Thanks for the help. So I put in the DCI today, and wow the sound is great at WOT!!! I took it out warmed it up and did a few pulls. I then convineiently found a few errands to run. On the way there an M3 came up on me and gave me the rev. I know, talk about timing. I mashed it for about 5 seconds until I realized I blew by a cop at about 95 Luckily he was in an unmarked car and did not seem interested in me. Anyway I slowed down the M passed me laughing hysterically and gave me the thumbs up.

When I got back home I checked the codes. I got 2AAF, fuel pump plausibility. I know it is new because I had no codes yesterday. After doing some searching I understand that this may be pretty normal with a tune, and unless there are other codes or symptoms, I should just ignore it. Does that sound right?
Appreciate 0