View Single Post
      04-11-2014, 12:59 PM   #31
Jec1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i sedan, 2013 Fr-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Wingman- View Post
Just called the dealership. Sounds like the recall isn't 'official' and it will likely take a month to get a call or a letter addressing whether or not I may be potentially be affected, then get a second letter stating if I am actually affected, in which case, I would need to make an appointment
Exactly the same info I got...I called BMW North America and requested they note my concerns and my request to bring the car in to have the recall done immediately, aware that will not occur.

Specifically that I would like BMWNA to be on notice that I requested to leave my car with the dealership for replacement of the affected part today, 4/11/2014, and I was advised that my request would not accommodated even if I was willing to leave my car...in the the event that a loss of power causes me to be rear ended by an 18 wheeler while merging onto the highway or something of the like

That aside, BMW has affirmed my faith in taking care of outstanding pervasive known issues with their cars time and time again. They take their time, but make it right.
Appreciate 0