NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
Well, I do!

I think its a very powerful sound and I love to listen to the turbo kicking in at 1500 rpm.

For this I have a 1957 Austin Healey 100/6 and an 1970 MGB GT at my disposal. 'VROOOOOOM...!'
Each to their own. I do agree the diesel note is refined, powerful and not at all unpleasant. I just don't find it 'musical' or appreciate it as I would a porsche, ferrari or (to a lessor extent) 330i engine note.

If you can have a little petrol sportscar as well, then you have the best of both worlds. Both british models as well I see !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stnewcar View Post
I agree - I won't be driving with my windows down - even in the summer . Petrol sounds better than diesel but it also costs more to run/tax (335i vs 335d) You have to fill up more often and drive it like you stole it to get the true performance from it. After factoring in the auto on both i and D the price is the same (give or take £200) Spoke to the dealer today who is going to talk to me on Monday re a 335D M Sport test drive. Watch this space.
If you want the auto then the decision is half made. From that point on the diesel IS the sensible choice. I think you'll be very happy with it.

Going for the petrol is very much a gut-decision and unless you are really feeling a need for it there is no point.
Appreciate 0