View Single Post
      06-11-2012, 08:36 PM   #17
Killerfish2012
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335I, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54_Fan View Post
I can appreciate your POV but I think most on here would disagree with you on this. Sure Vanos Solenoid, HPFP, LPFP, Coils, injector, spark plugs, etc could all be causing some limp modes. I think most here would say that this extreme stress of tracking HARD makes these limitations show up if hey are there. However, there have been a large number of people with good plugs, injectors, etc,...that have found limp modes secondary to high oil and coolant temps with AT worse than MT because of the radiator working as a Tranny cooler and having less ability to cool the engine. Similarly the lack of cool air to the radiator that is often blocked by the bumper or a larger FMIC and poor efficiency of the radiator all add to compound the problem with AT.

I would love to agree with you on this and maybe after 7-14 in Homestead after tracking my car as hard as I can I will see what (if any) codes I throw. If none are temp related then I can check that off my list and start down the next path of making my car more reliable by changing/upgrading what is failing.
This is why I just don't answer to noob posts. You read the whole limp mode thread? I was one of the guys who started it. +, I've tracked my 6AT for years, and was one of the first guys on here doing it with peterM1. I don't have any temp or limp mode issues on the track, because of the mods in my sig. You on the other hand, will have to suffer through your learning experiences, MT, or AT.
Appreciate 0