View Single Post
      01-18-2010, 11:25 AM   #67
nsanbyker
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6 speed

Let me tell you all a little story:

December 10, 2009, my lovely wife is on her way to work with a hot chai latte in the drink holder. A moron in a civic isn't paying attention and runs into the back of Lin's Ex. Said moron tells Lin to pull over to the side of the road so they can get out of traffic. My distraught sweety pulls off the road and the asshat takes off. Did I tell you guys that I really hate asshats.

We call Infiniti and are referred to Roses Auto Body to have the Ex fixed. Roses tells Lin that they will preorder all of the parts so her car will be there for a minimal amount of time.

December 18th, we drop off the car.

December 22nd, we get a call that they have to order another piece for the exhaust system because it wasn't on the estimate.

December 23rd, we get a call saying they have to order another piece for the exhaust system because they didn't do a thorough examination when we dropped off the car.

December 30th, we get a call to come pick up the car. An hour later, we receive another call saying not to get the car because they missed another damaged piece and they will have to order a new gas filler neck.

January 5th, 2010 we go to pick up the car. It is supposedly finished. We arrive and I start inspecting the repair work and notice that they have not done a good job with the paint work (there is a wrinkle in the paint). They say they will fix and call us.

January 7th, we get a call that the car is ready. We go and start inspecting the repair again. Paint looks good so I start inspecting the car for accidental damage. We discover that they have chipped both quarter panels while removing the taillights. We also discover that one of the damaged parking sensors were not replaced. They say they will fix and call us back.

January 14th, we go to get the car again (this is the third pick up trip). Bumper looks good, quarters are repaired but look good. So I start branching out my search for accidental damage again. We have dealt with the owner the whole time and he is very embarrassed about the lack of quality control. When Lin was rear ended, the hot chai latte exploded and went everywhere. We asked if they could clean the carpets so the interior would not stink, they said yes. Well, when they removed the seats to clean the carpet, they damaged both door panels, both interior kick panels, the driver c post panel and both rocker panels.

Here is a little pic of their quality control:

Yeah, we are quite pissed. So now the owner has had to pay for secondary repairs out of his pocket twice and now he has to shell out another two thousand for other damage. Also, he waved our deductible, so he is really losing his butt on this job.

Currently, we are waiting for the interior and exterior pieces to show. We will be installing these ourselves because we do not want any more damage done while they work on the car.

Fun, huh.
Appreciate 0