View Single Post
      09-30-2013, 08:49 AM   #8263
COBB Tuning
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

These codes don't have anything to do with a boost leak.

2C7F AfterCat 02 sensor trim control, Bank 2
2C6B AfterCat 02 sensor system check, Bank 1

These cannot be an issue related to our tuning as we do nothing with those codes. Those sensors strictly report on what they see and the codes are thrown due to an issue in the reporting. Common issues for O2 codes are swapping sensors harness plugs during downpipe installation, exhaust leak pre-cat, or damaged sensors.

29D1 misfire, cylinder 5

Misfires are common on these cars and are normally either plugs, coils, failing injector, or carbon build-up on the intake valves.

2ABC charging pressure sensor, electrical
3100 Air charge control, shut-down

These two are the main cause of the limp mode. The 3100 code is basically just letting you know that the boost control was shut down and a limp mode was initiated. You need to look for other codes to indicate what the problem actually was. In the case, the DME reported an error with the MAP sensor. This could be as simple as a loose harness connection, but it's reporting a loss of signal.

If you had seen under or over boost codes, that could be due to a tune not working well with your particular vehicle (assuming there wasn't an actual leak), but these codes are not something that should be tuning related. When running a tune, problems can become exaggerated due to the entire system doing more work. As I said I'd be happy to view some logs if you'd like to send them over.

Either way, I would start by checking connections to the MAP sensor and verifying there are no exhaust leaks. If you log STFTs and LTFTs, it should give you a good idea of why the O2 sensors are throwing codes.

I'm happy to help, but you'll get a lot faster responses if you email me or call one of the techs.

- Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by labedra View Post
Well changed the tune to

Stg2+FMIC ST Sport IJE0S v402
Stock Throttle

insted of Agresive and went all out with instructor pushed the car to the limit for four 30 min sessions at Gingerman Raceway, Michigan and no issues. So how do you explain that? It must be tune related. I checked everything no leaks no boost leaks no nothing. So i'm lost at what the issue was other then i changed the tune. I went 1 session with TCS and the other 3 TCS off. So you would think that pushing the car that hard even harder then last time would throw codes with a SPORT tune but it didn't.... so there are the codes but I have no logs unfortunately. SPORT TUNE WORKED FOR ME. I also see other people with similar problems and codes online but they stated when they went back to stock tune problem is gone so this is saying something.

BTW I put shell 93 octane when i got the codes and the map suppose to be for that but the map I ran (SPORT stage 2 map) only requires 91 octane so maybe that has something to do with it? Don't know but I would like to find out before I waste multiple sessions at the track just to find out that the other tune worked.
Appreciate 0