View Single Post
      02-25-2023, 05:12 AM   #84
Prolix-2
Private
Rep
Drives: Volvo + Misc other Euro cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serf27 View Post
You don’t have to tell me about mixing and matching. Years ago I did a gray/black color scheme in my e90. Only for the sake of keeping my gray sport seats. Swapped the carpet to black, swapped multiple plastic trims and modified the door panels.
Eventually I found terra brown and got rid of the 2 tone black/gray.

Tan would have looked nice over your paint color too. Those tan sport seats are hard to find in clean condition though.

My daily driver e91 has balloon tires on 16” and it rides a lot smoother than the 18”+. But looks are compromised.

The e92 m3 csl wheels look similar to what you posted above.
My experience has been that tan sports are very hard to find, yes. I found a pair but they ended up being in such poor condition I gave them away. When I tried to clean them the top surface of the leather started pealing, the foam was so flat it was no longer a sport seat, and the movement mechanisms were broken. It was very disappointing considering the time/money invested to get them.

Of course, right after taking delivery of this wagon with a black interior another option showed up for sprot seats. I'm waying in how much I want to gamble to try again. Haha, I don't want to swap the dash, so.... might gamble again.

The gray/black combo is interesting. A lot of the M3 seats I've looked at are gray and I don't love it, but if I want M3 seats, it's that or black, unless I want red; which I really strongly do not want. So far all options to collect an m3 interior have failed, but I've not given up yet.

Ideal ultimate spec is probably the same as you have with the brown seats. That will probably be even harder to find than tan sport seats! I've found plenty of sedans with it, but that doesn't get me a rear seat to match.

----

Yes, the wheels do look like the CSL wheels. The CSL is arguably one of the best looking e9x wheels, but then I'm running 19's. I would love to be running 17's myself. This is a throw back nostalgia project to my e36/e46 days where all my cars had 17's, but I can't find a 17" wheel I like. Stock e9x 17's are disappointingly heavy and not really the prettiest things either...

Style or function is always the debate.

Which 16" wheel are you running out of curiosity? I 100% am going to put the 16's on my car for nostalgic feels. It's here so why not? I know I can't keep it once I swap in the 135 brakes, but I've not had time to do that yet.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M3_Legend355.00