10-02-2012, 12:15 PM   #10
rbtamms
Major
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 and 2013 F25

Garage List
2011 328i  [0.00]
When I bought my car last year & after having it for just 2 weeks. A woman swing her door wide open & hit my passenger door at a grocery parking lot. There's a lot of space in between our car but she just carelessly open her door widely. Anyway, she doesn't want to talk & just walked away & says it's only a minor damage. I got her license plate & made a police report.

This is the first time it happened to me. In short, the ding got fixed but little to my knowledge that an accident appeared to my car's history. If I only knew, I would have just chase the lady & insist her to pay the damage or I should have just paid the repair myself without making a police report. Now, the damage has been done & the history of accident is tagged in my car & I don't know how it will affect the resale value of my car.

So, if the car is not damaged & has an accident report...most likely it might be just something similar to my case. You can ask the owner if they have a report from the insurance of the damage they fix.