EL JIMMY NEURON
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexwhittemore
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS-NA.E92 View Post

Read manutdas11 post, does that sounds like it lasted the life of the engine? you must be from the stealership because that's what they all say
I'm curious to hear more, but that's an unbelievably atypical situation and I'm curious as to how a missing guard leads to a hole in the oil pump. There are lots of missing details.
As it was stated above, there is a rattling sound that gives you plenty of warning. I mistook it for the sound of the lifter, thus leaving the issue unattended while I found out what to do about the supposed lifter tick problem. That whole lower region by the engine was a mess and there was an uncontrollable oil leak for a couple days non stop. After the defective parts were confirmed: (timing belt, oil pump, brake booster), there were shavings from the oil pump everywhere. How the timing belt lead to the oil pump getting a hole blown through it and the brake booster failing beats me, but it happened. It may not be common, but that doesn't mean it may or may not happen to another fellow N51/52 owner. I just thought I'd share my experience and if it helps someone then great, if not then all the same. Cheers.
Appreciate 0