View Single Post
      01-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #22
ENINTY
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriztofor View Post
Once they defined lifetime as 100,000 with anything then i would assume it is for everything. Would love to see BMW explain this.
So this is what I find funny about Bimmer and Roundel Magazines. Mike Miller, who constantly poo-poos BWMs "new" maintenance schedule and espouses the virtues of the "old School" schedule, never, ever once has considered asking BMW about its change in maintenance philosophy. I don't read Roundel regularly, but I do read Bimmer almost every month. I've seen where Bimmer Magazine has had one-on-one discussions with CEO of BMW NA and Chris Bangle, amoung other BMW executives. I would think that if the magazine can reach this level of executive at BMW for interviews, it certainly could get an audience with the executive of Engineering, who is responsible for determining the maintenance requirements of modern BMWs. If Miller would find out the scientific reasoning and test data that show the new maintenance schedule allows operation of a BMW to the age an mileage of pre-1997 models (using the old school maintenance schedule) he’d then have nothing to bitch about.

Mike, if you read our little forum here, please, as a service to all of us BMW enthusiasts, really find out why BMW changed from the old school schedule; we all would love to know!

Okay, off soapbox now…
Appreciate 0