09-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #31
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Had some guy come to my door to try and sell me a Kirby. If you think Dyson is overpriced... you ain't seen nothing yet. Kinda felt bad, let the guy give me a bit of a talk about the Kirby and how great it is.

Then he told me how much it was ($1500+) and I said, "Nope, have a good day," then shut my door.

Just to be clear, I am sure the vacuum is great and high quality. I just can't justify spending that much on a vacuum.
Right, Kriby.... geezzz! talk about expensive. My mother bought one of those yeeeeeeaaarrs ago from a door to door guy. I remember my dad being super pissed off for weeks about spending $1500. That thing turned out to be a POS. Didn't work after a year. Dad bought a $40 shop vac that is still running today. For $1500 you can get 3 dysons which will last as long as the kirby. Except with the dyson, you get the upgraded products as time passes. I've purchased 3 dysons and everyone of them are still working without a single issue. The first one is nearly 10 years old and still sucks! haha

ake53 cracks me up.... talking about how shitty dysons and V1 radar detectors are... Then "went up a notch and went all out" spending about $100 on a shop vac AND attachments.

I do have to agree that ridged makes a hell of a shopvac. Very quite and great quality.

Edit ^^ (wrickem) guess my parents didn't know about the warranty, or just bought a knock off or something. That thing was seriously worthless. Didn't have enough suction to pick up a 1/4" pebble off the floor.