12-25-2008, 06:26 PM   #5
walsh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
The sport package on the XI has nothing to do with suspension, unlike the I which does. The XI sits considerably higher than an I with sports package. The XI also has a much wobblier suspension (poor rebound, dampening and roll) as compared to an I (non or sport).

As an aside, the XI sits about 1 3/4" (R) and 2" (F) higher than an I with sport package. There should be more detailed info available if you search the forum but other SUV based XI owners can attest to that

The upside to the XI is if you live in snow country it is worth its weight in gold. The balance and traction control in conjunction with snow tires make this car an excellent choice for snow dwellers. I wont go back to 2 wheel drive again.
I appreciate your opinion but please read all of my post. Just to be clear this all has to do with sport package only. The info you have is true for 2008 and earlier, i know all about the differences between the xi and i suspension, such as the sport package did not give u the sport suspension in the xi but what I'm saying is for the 2009 model specifically. I had both the xi and i side by side and drove both and the suspension difference was no more than one quarter of an inch difference, i know this for a fact and both felt quite stiff unlike the previous year xi's. I'm just asking if anyone knows the specifics about the changes they made.
Appreciate 0