G.I.Joe
Major
Denmark
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Hi G.I. Joe,

What exactly is Ton't Garage? Is that where Enzo used to have his Scuderia shop in the 50's?

Dackel
Yes I believe it is but I'm not 100% sure. Tony's garage is, as I were told, where Enzo himself used to go for repairs. It's on the main street on the way out to the Maranello test track as far as I remember. When I was there we met the original owner who serviced Enzo's cars as well as his son. I think by now the father may have passed away, he was pretty old even 8 years ago. A lot of Ferrari owners throughout Europe are said to go there for nostalgical reasons (and for the roadtrip). They have any possible spare part for pretty much any Ferrari, and when we were there, they were working on a lot of different Ferraris, mainly older ones though. The passion they felt for the Ferrari cars was obvious and pretty much contageous, it's great to meet people who take such pride in their work and still remain humble and "down to earth".
E92 335i 2008 Space Grey 6MT | Pure Stage 2 turbos | Motiv PI | Trueform Tech Intake | Quaife LSD | M3 Suspension kit | Öhlins Road & Track Coilover | DEFIVfab N54 diff lockdown kit | COBB PTF E85 Map | Fuel-It Stage 3 LPFP | NGK 5992 plugs | Wagner FMIC | Wagner 3" DP | Milltek exhaust | Tial BOV | SPEC Stage 3+ clutch | SPEC Steel SM Flywheel |
Appreciate 0