10-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #154
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i and '13 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWLove86 View Post
I don't have the time or patient for legal action. If I really was under warranty I don't see my they wouldn't tell me. I have called bmw na and they told me I was out of warranty in December 2010. I will call them again to see exactly what date the factory warranty started for my car, then we'll see if it makes sense. The lady I talked to said it started in 2006 can't remember the exact date though. Will update you guys, in the mean time looks for an engine as close to 50,000 miles as possible and budget of $3500-$4500.
Don't trust too easy. I had a dealer in Illinois write down that they performed certain work and charged me over $600. I took the car home and inspected their work to find out that they did NOTHING. Got my money back after threatening to sue and inform the Attorney General's office of their fraud.

That being said. They are the ones who wrote the in-service date on BOTH your invoices as 2008. They also told you that you can have it fixed later (when your warranty expires so they can charge you for repairs when you return). The burden is on them to PROVIDE with the paperwork showing you an in-service date BEFORE 2008. If they don't provide it to you then I say they lied to you and hire an attorney.

You can have your attorney write them a letter demanding that they repair the car otherwise you will have it repaired and sue them for damages. Your attorney can give them a certain time to respond (15 days?) so you are not waiting forever and you can take steps to have your car fixed.

Naturally, the choice is yours, but keep in mind, dealers are know as "stealers" for a reason.
If no codes are being thrown use Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner (concentrate). It solves rpm fluctuating upon cold start-up. Also, for most BMW problems start off by scanning your car with the Peake Research Tool. It contains the actual BMW codes. If you want to register a newly installed battery for free (just buy a $10 cable) and google/download BMWLogger

Last edited by Chriztofor; 10-27-2012 at 09:23 AM..
Appreciate 0