11-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #10
BMW_Belgier
Lieutenant Colonel
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi n55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog_335xi View Post
Hi new owner of a AW e92 335xi near Zurich just moved from Lausanne.

Can't create a post so ill focus this one at you guys

Just wondering what are the limitations we face in our beautiful country, when it comes to modding. I havnt really considered my previous cars as being worth tuning, but with a turbo under the hood and decent HP to start with why not. So I was consider jb4 which leads to intakes and DPs and exhaust, PE for sure then Rob posted for COBB and well have to see where that goes before going the jb4 way. Especially as I just had to get some nice Dunlop winter 4ds.

So I know homologation is a big thing here and so are emissions tests.

Therefore the question is: what can and can't be done without any hassle?
I believe police here are trained to spot certain things when it comes to this.. Noise i guess.. The I assume intakes as they would pull you over?

Is PPK worth it if I go for jb4 or Cobb? Cause 2k for 20hp...
Any mod friendly garage recommendations?

I would appreciate some input quoting bmw_belgier as is by far the most active around these parts has the same car, is in the Swiss German part and speaks English.. Plus I believe I saw is getting DPs?! Just trying to get ur attention

Cheers
Hi there

Well i am around here sometimes...

I'm waiting for COBB to enter the game. JB4 is to much of a hassle...

I have the PPK installed. Just software so... I it is worth it if you don't want to explain your dealer why your turbo went broke... I will use it as an alibi when i install COBB. That was my second thought

And i have the PE So f*cking great

Don't have dp's yet... Probably going for a FMIC first when COBB arrives. Dp's are just so police-dangerous... Dähler in Bern does some dp modification wich will let you pass inspection... but they aren't giving it for free...

I saw you have the same model i have Wich part of Zürich do you live? I work in Freienbach so if you want, you can visit me and you can try the PPK for yourself...

We E90post members stick together