03-18-2010, 03:57 PM   #102
DeFKnoL
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i X-Drive (E90) (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
Hey Ken,

Random question of the week, have you had that tub out of an E90 335i or e90 M3? I don't have them in my drubby mitts yet but I'm going to do a 650.6 and 1000.4 and having dual mufflers I don't have that well that you do. Bing and I were spitballin' and we're thinking we can get them both in there if we go back to back on them. If not, I was thinking that with that tub out and those "extrusions" that the nuts screw down on and the angled corners at the front out of the way they should fit fine once I come up with a mounting scheme.

Thoughts?

Thanks Ken,

Paul
I'm running into the same issue. I can fit 2 long amps in there with a little bit of shaving in places, but there won't be room for anything else. I was going to take the tub out until I found that I would have to drop the muffler to get to the bottom screws. Also, the bottom screws are holding on the heat shield under the car. Anyway, it is either do some cutting on the tub or one of the amps and well, the tub costs way less than the either amp. As long as I don't compromise the heat shield, I should be fine.
Appreciate 0