06-12-2011, 09:46 AM   #20
Andrew_K_AZ
Secret Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 (AW/BLK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYM View Post
Diesel Audi won... again. Worse, chevy Corvette won GTE.
I was rooting for the M3s myself.

But, nothing wrong with Audi & Corvette wins. They are brilliant cars, teams and drivers that have repeatedly proven that they are the best in the world.

That was Audi Sport's 10th overall win since 2000. How can you not admire these guys who bring so much technology into the game, build cars that can go faster and longer than anyone else can, and have their drivers walk away if they have a catastrophic crash at 180 mph (300 kmph)?

That was Corvette Racing's 7th class win since 2001. Being an American, I have heard so many comments about how we can't build world class cars, Corvettes are made of plastic, they can only go fast in straight lines, etc. So, it brought a big smile to my face when that 73 Corvette with that thundering V8 blew past the 1/2 million dollar Ferrari in the closing stages to seal the win. Nothing "worse" about that.

The M3's podium finish was impressive as well. Seemed like it was physically the biggest car in the race(?). And it is based on a car that can carry 4 adults and their luggage.
2008 E92 M3, Alpine White & Black Extended Leather, 6MT with all options. Slightly Moded: BMW M Performance Exhaust, Rear LCI Taillight Retrofit, Angel iBrights, MGP Aluminum Caliper Covers, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers (15mm F and 12.5mm R) with +1 tires, Aluminum Pedals, Black Gloss Front and Hood Grills, Alpine White Side Grills and front reflectors, Active Autowerke Green Performance Filter.
Appreciate 0