View Single Post
      01-27-2012, 12:54 AM   #85
DJ Apex
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack328iE92 View Post
I only test drove it once and haven't had time to drive more yet.

Just like you said, not as loud as Injen. Injen sounded beefier versus this which sounded weak.

I'm not sure if I like the sound coming from this. My first impression after installing it was that the sound varies. From 2.5k up, it sounded louder than OEM Box, but between 2.5-7k, the sound varies for mine. It's loud, then soft, then loud, then soft again as I steadily increase rpm from 2.5-7k. I know that Injen was loud from 2.5 and up and when it reaches 4k, it's breath taking. But this... slightly disappointing. Maybe I just have a high expectation for sound and comparing it to the Injen isn't fair since this only cost 30 bucks...

Overall, I do feel that it's a tad faster, better throttle response, and and it is a great improvement over OEM. I might buy a different filter for sound test. I spent about 50 bucks on this and 2 hours. I say this is one of the best mods I've ever done. Thank you for the DIY! Without your idea, I would have never thought about doing this. Thank you!
lol well im glad somone likes it and had the balls to try it aside of me. now what u should do since u cut the big hole out is buy another plastic intake mount flange and see if it wont mount in the opening that u cut and run a flex intake hose down the side were the finder skirt is and the brake cooler duct is and make it a real cold air box. My newer box im working on now has that set up and a set up for open or closed intake cutouts. lol but thats still in R&D in a thread soon to come! lol
Appreciate 0