04-21-2008, 01:01 AM   #47
hkkuf
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i e92 Monaco Grey Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
From the Crutchfield MTX description:

Not only you do not need any external LOC to connect factory speaker level outputs to this amp, you don't need a separate remote turn on signal either, as this amp has signal sensing-speaker level inputs.
Yeah, I figured that something like that would be the case, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't totally off since I just started learning about this stuff like a week ago. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaYzEe View Post
I used new speaker wires for the new subs because the stock speaker wires (which were from the snap on connecter) is connected to the stock amp, which i dont wanna use.
I guess I was just wondering why you decided to connect the signal wires (green and pink in the picture) from the end of the stock sub wires (which I assume ended up in the front seat area) rather than just splicing it from near the stock amp. If you splice it off the stock sub wires near the stock amp, I can imagine cutting the signal travel distance by about ten feet, not that I know what good that would do, but I heard something about the longer the wires, the more chance they pick up noise? It's really not that important, actually.

I guess with your set up, it's a whole lot cleaner and if you ever wanted to go back to the stock subs, it can be done without anyone finding out (other than the people on this forum, that is ).

Anyway, I like your set up, it seems like your set up is really clean and cool. I'm only asking so many questions because I can definitely see myself getting a similar set up one day. Thanks for kindly responding to my questions.
Appreciate 0