View Single Post
      12-28-2012, 04:21 AM   #1
mjr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

mjr's Space Grey E92 335i thread

Hello there,

I'm a newbie on this forum… Picked a 2010 335i up in August this year, after chopping in my 2008 mapped 123d. I had the 123d for 10 months (remapped for 6) and put 15,000 miles on it over my ownership – it never really did it for me though. Although it was an incredible blend of performance and economy with a very nice spec, I could never fall in love with the diesel engine and the timing chain issues that so many owners had was always on the back of my mind. Couple of pictures of my 123d after I had traded it in and it was for sale.

I had been looking at both the 1 & 3 Series ‘35i cars on and off for around 6 months prior to August… But I had been putting it off for 2 reasons. Firstly, I assumed the insurance with me only being 21 would be colossal and secondly I couldn’t really justify having that car for my 60 mile (round trip) commute to work each day.

I was just browsing on Auto Trader one night as I usually do and found a 335i in the perfect colour, spec and at a reasonable price. I was immediately drawn to the car! So I phoned up my car insurance company, gave them the reg and they came back with an increase of just £100 over the 123! That’s with 11months of my policy remaining!! I could not believe it, a 21 year old being able to get insurance on a 335i for £1200!

The next day I phoned up BMW and got the service history and factory options list – it was always serviced at the same Sytner garage and seemed to have been serviced quite literally regardless of cost. I then phoned the dealer selling the car and again I was very impressed.

So I suppose my heart beat my head and on Thursday 23rd August I found myself travelling down to Surrey to potentially trade in my old 123d and pick this one up. Everything was as I had expected and it had clearly been very well looked after by its one owner. After having a very good look round and a good test drive on my own I was sold - we agreed a price for my 123d and also agreed a discount off the 335i for its next service (at BMW rates)

Spec:
• Oct 2010 build BMW 335i – 7-Speed DCT
• Space Grey
• Coral Red Dakota Leather
• Anthracite Maple wood – BMW Individual
• 19” Double-spoke 313M alloys
• BMW Professional Media Package
• Electric Folding Exterior Mirrors
• Seat Heating, front
• Sun Protection Glass
• Chrome-line exterior

First impressions of this car back in August were absolutely fantastic! It has an incredibly torquey engine that makes a fabulous noise and a nice weighty steering feel (none of this electric rubbish). The ride was remarkably good too, as the previous owner rightfully ditched the runflats in favour of SportContact rubber. Economy was impressive too – on the way down to view the car, I set my cruise to 80mph in the 123 and the same on the way back in the 335i. My 123d returned 46mpg and this returned 35mpg – similar traffic conditions!

Without further ado here are the advert pictures from August

Appreciate 0