View Single Post
      10-08-2006, 02:52 PM   #86
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

To piggyback on what Brian said, I thought it was a well put together event. DIdnt have to pay a dime for it, and I enjoyed the atmosphere and good food (even though I didnt go back for 16 rounds of food)...

Driving... It was obvious the event was centered around the new LS (and rightfully so). I, like Brian, did not get the chance to drive the LS due to its long line. But I did drive the BMW 750i and the MB S550 (twice). I hate to say it, but I was somewhat dissapointed in the BMW, and really enjoyed to driving characteristics of the S class. The 7 series was minimally equipped, and I think it would have been much better with the sport package and a few other items...

I also took out the ES350 (I believe it was), LS430, and the GS hybrid. The ES was almost a joke on the track (FWD and 215 width tires), but it was fun trying to control that car. The GS wasnt that bad. I am waiting for Donny to post the video of me thrashing that car around the track (wait for me to be yelling at the traction control)...

The highlight for me was driving the IS350. It is certainly a nice car, and loads of pickup, even in comparison to the IS 250. I figured out how to turn off the TC on the first few rounds on the track, but for some reason they kept checking my car at the start to ensure it was on after my first few runs...

Overall a good day... Donny, cant wait for the vids...
Appreciate 0