View Single Post
      09-21-2009, 10:02 PM   #22
MontegoblueE92
Captain
Rep
Drives: It Like He Stole It

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Read it again. They will only have the punishment enacted IF they get caught doing it again. That probation runs until the end of 2011. the sentence is suspended.

The got off with only paying for the investigation fees.
Wow I completely misunderstood the WMSC documents. From formula1.com:

"The World Motor Sport Council considers that offences of this severity merit permanent disqualification from the FIA Formula One World Championship. However, having regard to the points in mitigation mentioned above and in particular the steps taken by Renault F1 to identify and address the failings within its team and condemn the actions of the individuals involved, the WMSC has decided to suspend Renault F1’s disqualification until the end of the 2011 season. The World Motor Sport Council will only activate this disqualification if Renault F1 is found guilty of a comparable breach during that time."

I read that as the WMSC would normally consider an offence of this nature as permanent disqualification. But since Renault let go of Symonds and Briatore, they're only being disqualified for two years with a possibility of permanent disqualification if they are found to have rigged any races between Singapore and now.

I'm dumb.
Appreciate 0