Thread: WTD SWS-8 subs
View Single Post
      10-18-2012, 03:48 PM   #37
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

£250 for SWS new is a damn good price... if I didn't have the Jehnerts, I'd go for the SWS again! Had them in my last car and they were awesome!

You would need an LOC in the event you do not get a processor of somesort, such as the JBL MS8 / Audison Bit One.1 / JL Cleansweep and Many Many more....

The LOC is simply a line out convertor and it flattens the signal, giving you basic command over sound output. It doesn't do anything apart from that, no time alignment no nothing. It's useful if you don't rly want to tweak the sound or play with the sound to get it just right.. it's a very effective tool FWIW but note.... if you hear someone with a DSP / processor and then go back to your LOC, you WILL want to upgrade almost immediately if you're fussy.

The LOC's can be had for cheap so that's the only rly upside. Lots of threads on here explaining that just have a search. If u need more, there are many others much better aligned to give you info.

Please note though.. if you guys are looking for a real thump for the SWS-8's - forget it! It'll never reproduce bass the way dedicated subwoofers can. Firstly they're shallow, so that itself eliminates alot of the kick u get with more traditional 8" dedicated subs. Secondly, because they're positioned underseat, they need to be pushed well / hard for the ear to hear the sound it wants to hear and when you do push them hard, you ned to ensure you've got a decent amp able to supply it the power.

Hope this helps :-)