View Single Post
      02-15-2013, 03:13 PM   #13
AllBlackBimmer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat View Post
Not sure if warm water is the best idea in freezing weather....

May help this issue, but what happens when it freezes a couple minutes later? Guess it would be okay if are heading to a warm garage.

Let me rephrases:

Warm as in... actually cold water, not warm or even "hand washing warm" ... it just needs to be above freezing, and last time i checked, even the coldest water coming out of your facuet isn't as cold as ice haha

I get the thermal shock reasonings, but I dont see a huge issue with this, esp, if getting in the car and driving it awhile with the heat on.

You by NO MEANs want to pour 80 or 90 degree or even remotely "hot" or "really warm" water on your ice-cold car... that would be badddd for the glass...

... take a cheap jar you are going to throw out, run it under hot water, and then thermally shock it with freezing water... well, just handling the jar wrong could crack/shatter the glass... thermal shock for glass= about your windows.