Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '21 M850i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaModder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Boost View Post
Mega have you tried the alpina b3 transmission flash? It works very well with the tune since it makes the car shift aggressively.
I have read a LOT about it here and I have been DYING to try it but I am not that good at coding. The 6AT slush-box is really the weakest part of the car and I can't leave it in Sport auto so I end up in Manual mode 95% of the time. I don't mind traditional torque converter based ATs when they're software is good but this one is a world apart from my last DSG when it comes to crispness, timing and gear selection. From what I've read the Alpina B3 software solves all of that PLUS adds rev matching down shifts (?) AND you get the gear numbers displayed. I have a coding cable and a Win7 laptop but I have never been brave enough to try it. I've wanted badly to add the digital speedo and rain sensor sun roof codes. I'd pay someone to do it for me but I don't know of anyone in Northern Virginia who does it. I'm pretty good at wrenching but the fallout of coding mistakes scares me. How complicated is it really?
I originally wanted to do it myself but I realized that the cable I had was not compatible with the car. Eventually l caved in and had someone do it locally for $50. If you want to do it yourself, I would highly recommend contacting "Wedge" because he will teach you how to do it for free. If not, you can pay $50/60 to have someone code it remotely.
Appreciate 0