07-27-2009, 03:54 PM   #7
Steve A
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
Does anyone know how often the Nissan requires a service ie annually/bi-annually and if Nissan are making a loss on producing this car (as VW do with the Veyron)? The Nissan is obviously an excellent car and fair play to the Nippons.

We all know that Porsche make a profit on all their cars - fine, but I'm intrigued where this price difference comes from. Curved panels cost more to produce, the adjustable suspension for track use ie. different cambers, certain costs of materials used and things like two oil pumps for dry sump lubrication, sophisticated AWD, very close stitching in the leather etc. All adds up.

As everyone on here knows - quality costs money.

I am awaiting with interest the new Audi RS5 as rumours have it 4.2 V8 twin turbos 450 bhp & accompanying torque or 4.2 V8 twin turbos 480 bhp (sound familiar) and of course AWD based on Porsche set ups. Two prototypes currently running but one may have the V10 in it - can't see that 'cos of the fuel costs tbh.
Hi Helen

The RS5 has been confirmed as the same engine in the RS4 ie 4.2 NA but dry sump and some mods.

Should be a belter, i will defo be test driving.