View Single Post
      08-15-2011, 11:16 AM   #1
milkcake
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90

Car locks and unlocks randomly while driving

I have 2007 E90xi and when I drive, the car locks and unlocks randomly. It's so random that even when it unlocks itself, it tries to unlock again or sometimes when it's locked, it tried to lock itself again. So it can't be a bad contact on the center console. It continuously tries to lock and unlock randomly. Sometimes it's just driver's side door, or sometimes it's all the doors. If i'm not running the engine, it's fine. What the heck is going on? I thought it was a ghost initially! It's driving me crazy.

Edit: No one else has my keys. And I'm carrying only one key. The key is inserted into the car. So I can't be pushing on it. This is happening while I'm driving, and when I'm driving only (basically when the engine is on). I sat in my car for 10 mins without the engine on and the car doesn't act up. So it can't be the remote. I even tried my spare one instead. I have to say, this happens EVERY single time I'm driving. Started acting up about a month ago. Maybe some kind of module fault?

Edit2: I took it to a shop. We'll see what the cause was.

Edit3: They couldn't fix it. They said all the chips checked out. WTF... I guess it's time to take it to a dealer shop.

Edit4: Replaced JB Module. Dealer shop fixed it after like a week because even they had difficult time figuring it out. I have no idea what JB module is. Final cost was $1100 (also fixed actuator with it, so I do not know what it exactly costed to replace JB module). Seems like a rip-off but considering how much labor actually went into it in order to figure out what went wrong, I'm okay with it.

Last edited by milkcake; 01-02-2014 at 12:51 PM..
Appreciate 0