Thread: Random stalling
View Single Post
      07-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #53
AliciaDino
Rep
Drives: 2011 335I Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydermirza12 View Post
I could do that but I really don't want the F30... I am hoping they can find a fix for this soon. You said they are going to have a fix in August?

It hasn't really been an issue for me. The car only stalled once and that was over a week ago. However, I have noticed that now the RPM goes down low and bounces back to idle unlike before. Before when I pushed the clutch in, it would just come down and stop at idle.
Well, the lady with BMW NA was telling me that if i keep my car, they anticipate a fix in July (which is now), then later on during another conversation, she said August. When i asked her what the issue was and what the fix is, she would not tell me what was wrong with it and that she was not sure of the fix, but could only tell me it was another software update. She then added that she's not sure it is a definite fix, but that it's a possibility that the problem will persist. She pretty much said it's a trial and error thing, so i could try that. She was not confident at all in the "fix" they had.

After some going back and forth with my options, i just opted to just get a new car. I really was fed up with it (dying on the freeway!) and it just wasn't worth risking my life over it.

In fact, they didn't even want to offer me a replacement because they felt that i might have the problem again on the newer models as well. This to me further indicates that they probably won't have a fix for awhile if they are still unsure whether their 2013's will still have the problem.

If it happens again, then, this will be the last BMW for me. I'm opting for a prius next.
Appreciate 0