02-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #16
turb0mik3
Rep
Drives: E90 335i Racecar

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostaholic786 View Post
lol I guess I got a little excited when I saw the thread and didnt read the first "pre"..LOL!! I'm kinda excited what kind of numbers that the stage 2's are going to be putting down considering there targeting the RB market but wont cost as much. Quality looks amazing on some of the pictures I have seen so far so even though I love the RB's im still very curious if the stage 2's are going to be better or compatible with the RB set up.

So OP, were your dynojet numbers where you put down 420whp and 430 torque on the same GIAC tune you were running but just in there new facility (new dyno)? Yea Mustang dynos do read substantially lower than dynojets in my opinion as well.

Also, what made you go with GIAC with your upcoming new Vargas stage 2 setup instead of a more streamline flash like the COBB? Just curious? I know GIAC has been doing flashes for years but on the N54 with upgraded turbos dont you think that a COBB or even a piggy would have been a better option? Especially running E85 mix? I havent checked out what GIAC has to offer these days but maybe I should go and do that to see if something new has come along that I dont know about... Cant wait to see your numbers man and congrats!! Get ready to go really fast buddy
Yes, the 420whp was the same tune on a dynojet back a year or so ago. I went with GIAC because Harold @ HPA convinced me. They have a track record (literally) with HPA, Berk, and Evolution, so I wanted a tune that could handle a beating on the track and be smooth and predictable. In terms of COBB being more streamline I am not sure what you mean. GIAC releases a "general" tune that is relatively conservative. They have had 0 issues with any cars (to my knowledge). I will be going with them because I trust Andrew to tune my car and I will be getting a one-off dyno tune to take specific advantage of my car. Kind of a thank you gift from GIAC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænema View Post
A load targeting tune may run more boost in warmer weather but it will not make more power. It is running more boost to make up for the less dense charge air. Cold weather will always result in better numbers(with everything else being equal.)

What i'm very interested in is where you mentioned GIAC is going to write you a boost targeting tune... that's A LOT of DME logic to change.
I understand about the targeting tune still running better in the cold (which I agree), but it was odd to see my numbers go up every single run. The guys said that if I had kept doing some runs that I would have seen my HP numbers relative to my old ones. I don't know how you would account for that? From what I gathered from Andrew, he is going to make a boost targeting/load targeting hybrid tune. Half of the stuff he said went over my head, but he wants to really push the limits on the one-off to see what can truly be made.

HG Motorsports | Motiv Motorsport | Sparta Evolution | BBS Motorsports | Sabelt | JRZ |
NASA ST1 SoCal --- 554whp/487wtrq --- 3200lbs <<YouTube Channel w/ Race Videos>>

Last edited by turb0mik3; 02-01-2013 at 12:22 PM..
Appreciate 0