01-28-2011, 07:03 PM   #7
MOAB
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche & BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHR View Post
so, i took my car into the dealership due to a noise coming from the engine. The noise sounded like a rattle, which came when the engine was at about 1200rpm.
The dealer kept my car for 3 days, and than called me and said that they were going to replace my turbos, and that the noise was coming from them. So, since my car is all under wanrtey, i said ok.

Tuesday night, i picked up my car, after the turbos had been replaced, drove home, and the noise was gone, car was running smooth, i was happy.

next morning(wednesday)... i start my car, let it warm up, for a good 15 minutes, and than took off, and about 15 minutes of driving later, check engine light pops up on the dash, and the Idrive has a message... it has a picture with a car on the hoist and it was red, and beside it it sais "Electronic Falut: Don't drive vehicle, please stop carefully. Contact nearest BMW dealer" and when i called them they told me they did not know what was worng, and that if i could, to bring it in. and once i took it in, after a hour of waiting, while they scanned my car, they told me they still don't know whats wrong, and that they would call me when they find out, so they got me a courtesy vehicle, and i was on my way.

Yesterday (thrusday) they call me to tell me that they "think" the problem is coming from the aftermarket subwoofer/amplifier i had installed, and that i should have it removed so they can rescan the car. i asked the service advisor to ask the mechanic if their was any way they could rescan the car, without me goign through the inconveince of coming back and forth and getting it all removed, and the service advisor told me that they would ask the mechanic and call me back, so i waited all day to receive no call.

This monring(friday) i called BMW again, and they told me they removed my system(with no authorization from me) and that they still are not sure if thats what was causing the problem...and ontop of that.. i have to pay $500 for the work they have performed (which i never asked them to perform).

the car is a 2009 335i coupe 6 speed

and so far its had 5 HPFP replacements
a full turbo kit replacement
and now a problem they dont know of

anybody have any ideas what could be the problem?
BMW doesn't suck. Just your experience with the dealer.