Major General
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS5 coupe

Garage List
2018 Audi RS5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomHero View Post
It all depends how you use your phone. If you like to play angry birds for 6 hours instead of 4, get the iphone. If you like to actually use your phone, get an S4.

But seriously...the iPhone/Galaxy S argument has been around for years now.

Pros for the iPhone:
-Battery life
-real world speed (although the S4 bench tests faster than the current 5)
-Smaller (if you like that sort of thing)
-User friendliness (a 4 year old and a 104 year old can use one)
-Better business integration (although that can be easily argued)
-Brighter screen (better in direct sunlight)
-Doesn’t look as “cheap”
-New motion tracking ability (sounds pretty cool if you use a lot of fitness apps)
-Thumbprint reader (this could be an insanely awesome tool especially in the business world. It also would be really convenient for the every day person who unlocks their phone 100 times a day. It also has the potential to be disastrous if the thumbprint/algorithm is somehow able to be intercepted and deciphered. Of note: the thumbprint itself will be stored on a dedicated chip inside the phone so it should be nearly impossible to steal (key word: nearly).

Pros for the S4:
-Flash player
-Removable battery and storage card
-Durability- The iphone screens break even if you look at them the wrong way (although the s4 has its share of internal screen issues)
-Ability to use as an external hard drive (you aren’t limited to a dedicated computer/itunes)
-Bigger screen with a higher resolution

I certainly get why people own iPhones. I just don’t get why they get them EVERY year. The iphone 5S is only marginally better than the 5. I see value in upgrading your 4s (or older), but there is nothing to suggest you should upgrade within your contract.

For me personally: The Samsung S4
Why: I don’t like the constraints of the iphone. The tradeoff is that the S4 takes more time to use, but I like being able to swap batteries or sd cards out. I like being able to drag and drop files from my work computer, personal computers or anyone’s for that matter.

I was an iphone user up until the release of the Iphone 4. I made the switch to the Samsung Infuse at that point which was a TERRIBLE decision. That phone was one of the worst phones ever produced (for its time).
My personal opinion is that the Galaxy surpassed the iPhone when the S3 was released. Again, I realize that others won’t agree with that, but for me PERSONALLY it certainly did.

Get whatever you like. They're both great options. To say one sucks and the other doesn't it just plain foolish. They're both fantastic devices, just marketed towards different types of people.
You forgot the biggest pro of all on the iphone
2 years from now, you'll still be getting software upgrades
If you own an iPhone 4S, pretty soon you will have FREE access to be latest ios7
Can't say the same for the S4

Plus the other pro, is a much larger infrastructure
Most cars now have iphone capability built in
Bose sound dock , ihome etc as well
A lot more choice when it comes to cases, and accessories in general