View Single Post
      01-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #1
John320d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d E93

Opticians. Any on the forum?

I recently purchased a replacement pair of varifocal spectacles from a wellknown opticians which states it will save you money. I had every confidence in the optician who carried out the eye test and issued the prescription.Two weeks later I received a phone call to say my glasses were ready for collection. I tried them on in the shop and said I was not happy with them. I was told to take them and persevere wearing them for a week so my eyes became accustomed to them, but not to drive home using them. One week later I took them back and told them I thought that they were useless. They then stated they would make me one pair of glasses for reading and one pair for distance. I said " but I want varifocals" .Their reply was if I could not become acclimatised to varifocals their deal with me was to supply the readers and distance glasses. Now because my previous glasses were varifocals I did not expect to find myself in this position. Now I have two pair of glasses which I will not use even though the prescriptions seem OK.
Appreciate 0