View Single Post
      04-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #1592
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman81 View Post
Greg, thanks for all the info and sorry to be such a PITA. My next issue is figuring out which of the millions of polishes would be suitable for my needs. I've read tons of reviews and tried to narrow some down but I was hoping to get some input from you. I know color doesn't matter much other than the hardness of the clear, but mine is silver and my wife's RDX is a dark grey. The paint is in pretty good condition with both, maybe a medium depth scratch here and there. I've always been a little nervous about cutting in to much. So my goals are minor paint correction at a reasonable price that will not take forever to apply and remove. I plan to borrow a PC from another forum member. I was leaning towards the SSR 2.5 and then SSR 1 based a on cost, but I don't want to sacrifice results. Sorry for the long post again, I typically over think things like this.
For the best value in a two step process I think the hands down best choice would be the Meguiar's Ultra Finishing Polish M205 and Meguiar's Ultra-Cut Compound M105. You only need about 2 - 4 ounces to do an SUV so the 8oz bottle should be more than enough to do two vehicles and three to four is certainly possible. I would use two orange pads for the M105 and two white pads with the M205. This will help safely remove swirls, oxidation, ultra fine scratches, etc. and restore a deep shine.

Afterward Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection is an amazing sealant that looks top notch and protects for months. If you want an extremely good value check out the Rejex Sealant. Both can be applied with one blue pad or by hand. This should help you get the paint looking top notch at a great value. Don't forget to save 10% off with the coupon code e90post.

Enjoy your weekend!

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0