View Single Post
      10-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #2
JStang
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: FDB M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny Chainsaw View Post
Recently, my waste gate has been acting up. I was on the freeway and I lost a shitload of power and my exhaust was a lot noisier than usual. All signs of my waste gate not being able to close..

But I took my car to the dealership today, I haven't driven the car for two days either and it is much better and the foreman technician said that it felt fine to him. So I just took it back home and drove it for the first time in awhile. But now I noticed that I have a bunch of throttle lag and the car just feels less responsive and slower altogether. But still much better than before when I was getting no boost.

I feel that the car can't hold boost as well as before... Could this be due to a waste gate problem still?? Or is it something else? I'll probably drive it around for a week and bring it back in the next. The thing is that no CEL came up so I have no proof to show the dealership except my intuition.
Do you have a tune? If you do and assuming that you uninstalled it prior to taking it to the dealership, you need to give it time to adapt.
Appreciate 0