09-27-2009, 06:16 AM   #10
boom
My X5d tows my spec miata to the track.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 645Nm View Post
Cstmx...i realise this has been a concern before and that i replied that it is due to the catless system....but i recall some forum members did not think so due to their experience.

I appreciate and respect the personal experiences of the forum members on this particular issue, but i remain convinced that the moment we touch the cats on our cars we unleash the hidden power but also the associated problems. I mentioned elsewhere that 2 years of running a complete catless system on my 335 and all my atempts to keep those nasty codes away was not very successful...software tricks/ RR 02sim/BMS sim/universal sim/home made sim/my own mini-cats etc...etc...many wins but an unreliable car especially travelling long distances.

Now here is the interesting bit. New 335, same power mods with performance catback exhaust (except for catless system) and making great power but so far (6 months) none of the 02 or lambda/sensor problems of catless sytem. I accept i am at least 20-30kw down due to the stock cats. so when the primary cats are removed i will smile seeing the jump in power but also prepare myself for the downside....this is inevitable...i want all the power i can get.
Can you elaborate on this? I was planning on getting a set of DPs with the understanding that the BMS sim would eliminate the CEL. Is this not true? Does everyone with a catless DP have a CEL w/ or w/o a sim?
Appreciate 0