View Single Post
      02-18-2011, 05:09 PM   #18
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
Thanks for all the comments chaps and Helen - and thanks for the best wishes re Louisa. We had a curry tonight but that hasnt done much thus far!!! Mind you i will be quite relieved if we make it through the night without going into labour as she has opted for a water birth and that could be interesting post curry - would be like giving birth in a watery balti!! Anyway, yes the guy that bought the 335 has kept the plate but is giving it back once all the paperwork gets back and yes he lives around that area - he text me today to tell me how chuffed to bits he is with it - he is talking about taking it to the Ring this summer. The alloys on the 335 are 19" VMR 710's. Re the snowboard - i personally love the Custom and dont think theres a better all round board. Ive just come back from Chamonix and they need snow badly!! Im hoping to head out to Meribel end of March if all goes well but very much snow dependant. Sorry about the crap pic quality above - light conditions in both sets was poor and i had to slightly photoshop them. Yes, X5 is Space Grey and only 5 seats. And i genuinely didnt feel the 335 Touring was big enough, the rear cabin is nowhere near as spacious as the X5 and the boot on the 335 is verging on pathetic really - so for the time being the X5 ticks all the right boxes for the family. As for the RRS - i do agree Helen, the RR has much more road presence and is definitely a classier and more refined place to be from inside, but ive been there done that twice now, having owned an RRS HST a few years ago and lately the 2010 facelift RRS - loved them both but wanted to scratch the X5 itch. I couldnt afford to stretch to a new shape RRS otherwise that would have been my number one choice - and fuel economy and handling were high on the agenda and the X5 is much better on both fronts to the old shape RRS. Anyway, thanks again everyone and will keep you posted re the new babys arrival.