02-13-2008, 06:15 AM   #69
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Has a Roundel

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbrokeagain View Post
Ive skid 50 feet before at 10mph. Once you are on ice, nothing stops you. Go look at the Youtube video of all those cars sliding away and wacking into each other.

I had fun today in the snow. Took me 2 hours to get home, and I live 20 minutes away. Stupid Summer tires.

I got highbeamed, cursed, got the finger, honked at. Even when I put the car sideways and blocked traffic for a few minutes while trying to get her straight again.

I hate Merrick Road on Long Island. Thing has a such a god damn crown that any input of the gas, wether it be 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, would make the nose want to pivot 90 degrees left and sit the ass in the gutter.

Sunrise Highway was no better...I was having fun switching between DTC and DSC to get the car moving...I would try to get a good head of steam going before going up a hill...a few times I would feel the car start to lose grip and I would just start praying....please dont let me stop and slide backwards.
guess im used to syracuse. this weather is nothing compared to what you have to deal with daily there. eitherway it does suck. But if I was living there, i wouldn't get a BMW anyways sicne it sucks in these weather. I've been on fully iced roads in michigans before and my S60 couldn't stop but i had to floor it and pass the intersection