View Single Post
      06-12-2007, 09:52 AM   #154
bimmernotbeamer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtjones View Post
Thanks. I also don't like the idea of quick detailing a mildly dirty car, and prefer the wash.

So you mean that because I used the ZFX accelerator w/ Z2, that I didn't need to buy and apply the AIO?

Since the ZPC removes my Z2, I think I'll plan on using ZPC for the first time just before it's next detailing in 6 months. That will also give me time to buy the orbiter and pads.
ZFX and ZAIO are different products and both worth having. However, you don't have to use both together (but you can. I'll get to that in a sec). For example, if you want to give your paint a good cleaning and throw on only one coat of sealant, then you can use AIO and Z2. If you just want to add multiple layers of sealant after a wash, the you would use ZFX enabled Z2. If you want to do both, clean the paint and add multiple layers of sealant, then you'd ZAIO first and use ZFX enabled Z2. Now the reason why you don't need to use ZFX for one coat of Z2 if you use ZAIO first is because the ZAIO also acts as a bonding agent for only one coat of Z2. Again, if you decide you want to use multiple coats of Z2 on top of the ZAIO you will need to use ZFX with it. Make sense?

In terms of your ZPC plan, that sounds good. Wait until your next detail to use it. That's what I would do also. For now, enjoy the beautiful shine!
Appreciate 0