Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by youyou View Post
Well i figured i'd chime in.
As you can see in my Sig i currently just picked up a 2010 S5 Cabriolet with the new 3.0T engine.
My previous car was a 08 E93 M3 and before that i had a E92 335.
I'm not a Bmw fanboy or a Audi fanboy. I like cars, period.
This is my first Audi and i have to say it's spectacular.
I'm so impressed by this thing it's crazy... Coming from a E93 M3 i was a little worried but i have to tell you guys that it's not that far off performance wise.
Listen there's no doubt that the M3 sounds sublime and that i'll never get that sound out of my new Supercharged 3.0 engine but man does it have it's advantages over the M3 and the 335 i owned.
First off and most importantly for me , Interior Interior Interior!!
It's just in a different league. And i mean everything on the inside. From the tech to the leather to the sublime B&O sound system etc.
Secondly Quattro! Now this is the reason i initially got rid of my M.
I just couldn't handle driving a 414hp RWD beast in Montreal winters.
Well to date i have to say i'm truly amazed with Quattro. The car handles like a train on rails ( might also have to do with the fact that i got the Audi Drive Select package that includes the Audi Sport Diff ).
I will always have love in my heart for Bmw's but unless they step it up a notch on certain things i don't see myself leaving Audi for a while.
The M3 was slightly faster and handled slightly better. It sounded much better...
But these are things i gave away to be pampered in the S5 Cab.
Now when and if the RS5 comes out i'll be all over it!!!
All wheel drive in a "supercar" . Couldn't ask for anything better...
A very good description of what the difference is like. I drove the S4 equivalent and to be honest the difference in performance was marginal until you open all the taps on the M3 and even then the difference isn't that vast. Handling is a difficult one to compare because each car behaves totally differently to the other, best way to describe it is to say that both cars can corner at similar speeds but that the M3 offers the driver more info of what the car is actually doing at the time.

I totally agree about the interior, it's miles better than the M3 but I have to say that after examining the 5GT I was very impressed with the direction BMW are now going and it appears to be as good as what Audi are offering.

P.S.

Oh and it's refreshing to hear that not everyone on these forums are afraid to admit that a powerful rwd car is a handful on anything remotely slippery (especially so in the winter) and that an awd car is the better option.
Appreciate 0