View Single Post
      02-25-2012, 02:06 PM   #15
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRotor View Post
Where has the emulsifier/demulsifier argument fallen with the d crowd? I know this is almost as heavily debated as "to additive or not to additive", but I would think this would be an important point as I do not believe the d has any water separation in its filtration process.

I would love to stand corrected on the latter and hear the group's thoughts on the former.
As far as I have been able to determine, the d has no water separator, so you are correct.

There hasn't been much discussion in d circles regarding emulsifier vs. demulsifier, but as you know, there is exhaustive conversation on other boards like the tdiforum.

I *think* the preponderance of opinion for a situation like we have (no water separator) favors an emulsifier, since the demulsifier causes the water to fall out of suspension, and our cars have nowhere for the water to fall.

Having said that, I really don't know, since whichever side of the equation you choose, you will have several hungry hounds from the opposite to pounce on you immediately to tell you how wrong you are. LOL