View Single Post
      07-08-2013, 02:33 PM   #6
Dan-danGT
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d M-Sport

I feel the same as you, I took my car to the dealer for some defects after buying it approved used.

Battery went flat with the ignition on for 5-10 minutes tops. Now I know that is not right, plus I work for Mercedes I'm level 3 nvq qualified so have a very good mechanical background. To which bmw said battery is at 61% charge yet I drove over 15 miles to that dealer! So why is it so flat.

Also the engine had a hesitation while accelerating gentally, no fault found. (No road test performed as mileage was exactly the same as what the read from my key)

3rd thing was coolant temp at 82c while driving hard or slow for any length of time. Again no road test was performed so fault was not found. There excuse was it got to 93c in the garage. Well no **** it will do as the stats open just too early!

Then to top it all off they damaged my wing while it was in, then they said oh we always use wing covers! Well when I went back for them to polish it, I could see quite clearly they was not being used through an open door!

I got my wing paid for just by stating the facts of there poor repair/ work procedure! I'm still a little disheartened by that and will effect my next car purchase possibly back to the VAG cars as I enjoyed driving it more and had less problems so far!
Appreciate 0