Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 e90 325i, 05 325Ci (RIP)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by r111 View Post
I just want to put in my two cents. I had the original rotors on for 150,000 mi.

Why BMW doesn't put on anti seize paste, I don't know. For drivers like me who do mostly highway, it'll be two pad changes before the rotors are swapped. The first pad change was done under dealer maintenance, but they refused to change the rotor while it is under tolerance.

I used pb blaster constantly for 2 days, and a 8lb dead-blow hits to the top hat with no luck. That didn't work so I tied the bolt-push method from youtube. That got 1 of 4 rotors off.

I had to take it to a mechanic guy who busted out a B.A. hammer. Two wacks from the inside -> out, and those rotors came off.
The mechanic used a hammer that was badass even compared to an 8lb dead blow?!? I have a 4lb mallet that I usually just go ham on rotors with like Chris Brown goes ham on Rihanna. I thought it was overkill at first, hahaha. Apparently not.
Active Autowerke Stage II | MMW CSv2 Exhaust | MMW Catless Headers | BC Racing BR Extreme Low Coilovers | custom adjustable rear suspension links | 19" Hyperblack CSL's | M3 style front | trim wrapped in brushed steel vinyl | Slightly smoked tail lights with clear reverse lights | factory xenons

Appreciate 0