View Single Post
      09-23-2010, 07:49 AM   #15
DashboardDave
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i X-Drive

A stunning transformation

I picked up the car yesterday from At Speed Motorsports, and all I can say is that the transformation is stunning.

The car handles great. The turn-in is precise and really quick. It is flat and there is virtually no body roll.

The xDrive system now feels like an asset in the handling, and you can feel the front wheels pull through the turns. It is very confidence-inspiring.

The ride is great and I think it is just right. It is firm without being bone-jarring.

The 18" Style 313 BMW Performance wheels look awesome. The car looks unique, but still OEM, which is exactly what I was going for.

The car is lowered, but not "slammed." (I'd like the front to be a bit lower, but overall I will accept the compromise.)

Interestingly, the car was significantly out of alignment, and Bob Miller is a genius with the alignment settings, which surely contributed to the transformation.

I'm working with Bob from At Speed Motorsports to write-up a more technical story and will post pictures soon.

I'll also be interviewing Steve Dinan during the At Speed open house in October.

Stay tuned for more details, but if you are considering this upgrade, I strongly recommended it and suggest you give Bob from At Speed a call.